Seperate enclosures / same room

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdspdx

Our two females, Azazel and Atarka, have their own enclosures in the same room. They cannot see each other. However, I think they are aware of each other's presence, perhaps by scent. Azazel is very territorial. She will attack Atarka if given the opportunity. Atarka has been brumating. When Atarka occasionally comes out of her hide, Azazel gets agitated, head bobbing, pacing around, sometimes staring at the wall of her enclosure adjacent to Atarka's. Have any of you observed this with your beardies?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I have 5 beardies (all in separate enclosures) all packed into my room.

and they can certainly sense and see each other, but over time they've gotten used to each other's presence and don't really care about each other.

Except for my two adult males, they cannot stand to even see each other and it used to be a head bobbing and beard puffing contest from across the room all day, so I had to put paper over their tanks so they couldn't see each other as easily.
But Loki Who is my largest male is always head bobbing and running around trying to show his dominance, and the rest of the dragons don't really even notice him.

So yes, I have witnessed this behavior, Its pretty Normal I'd say when you have multiple dragons, Just try to make it so they can't see each other, that'll help. But Are you sure Azazel is actually female?
She could actually be a male who is just trying to show dominance and flirt with the other female. Or she could just be a female with a feisty personality, My youngest dragon has that personality as well.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Oh wow, they're beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom