More naps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
So Petey, after eating, basking and pooing has now decided to get under his newspaper. Looks like he's trying to cover himself, so I put his blanket over him. He's in the warm side, under his hammock again. He did that a couple days ago and slept for a solid 24hrs but wasn't under his paper that time. A few weeks ago he slept for 3 straight days in his hide hut.
I'm thinking his brumation is not constant but he takes long naps and then is up for a couple days or weeks and does it again rather than passing out entirely for weeks or months.
Anyone else have a beardie that takes long naps? ? Since I'm new to this, it's a learning curve.
Just fyi, all temps, lights etc are as they should be. He eats well, poos fine and is healthy abt 2.5 yrs old. I got him at Thanksgiving so just trying to figure things out.
Any suggestions or insight?
Thanx!
-Dee

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Mine is a little over a year old, and he has been napping for 2 or 3 days, then coming out to bask and maybe eat a bite or two (and poop if needed), for anywhere from half a day to a day or at most two, then back to napping. That has been his cycle so far. I try to give him a warm bath when I can during his warm/awake time, and even managed (Florida) sunny window time during one of the days. :0)

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
JumpinJellyfish":2aobfx1s said:
Mine is a little over a year old, and he has been napping for 2 or 3 days, then coming out to bask and maybe eat a bite or two (and poop if needed), for anywhere from half a day to a day or at most two, then back to napping. That has been his cycle so far. I try to give him a warm bath when I can during his warm/awake time, and even managed (Florida) sunny window time during one of the days. :0)

Sounds like Petey. ? he was up when I got back last night, went back to sleep in his hammock after lights out and was still up this morning and basked all day, had salad and supers, poo'd. He's still dozing in his hammock but not snuggled in right now. LOL As long as he's ? happy, I'm happy ?.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
JumpinJellyfish":37qqu1r4 said:
So is yours still napping too? At about 4pm today will be another 72 HR nap. He'll crack an eye to give me dirty looks occasionally if I disturb him. ? Just waiting it out, woke him at about 72 hrs the 1st time but am not planning to do that this time. Will wait and let him make the call. ?
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom