Caesar the social butterfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Being over 200g now 12 lunar months old , we have been letting Caesar have floor time for about a month . He demands it now.
Cleo is just under 100g and likes floor time but in short spells and prefers to sit on the lounge next to me .

We've had our son and grandson here for week up til Xmas Eve and from Boxing Day, and Caesar likes to explore and socialize with us on the lounge room floor every afternoon after his meal of crickets and bsfl.

(Easiest dragon ever to feed by hand, I show him the insect and he takes it from my finger tips , very food orientated , loves his crickets and BSFL , currently having a break from raising my own silkworms but I'm sure he'd make fast work of them too.)

Our 8 year old grandson has started sitting on the floor and gently petting him and tickles him under the throat , Caesar quite likes this , and now ambles straight up to him then does the same to my wife and me , and more or less does a "musical" people routine.

Cleo is happy to observe from the lounge next to me .

Fluffy the water skink even surprised us today by crawling off the lounge (next to me) onto my grandson's lap and letting him stoke her back very softly.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear they are enjoying some interaction and your grandson is being nice and calm around them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2y4f8g49 said:
I'm glad to hear they are enjoying some interaction and your grandson is being nice and calm around them.

We've taken the time when we have our grandson here for sleepovers and holidays with either his dad & us or just pop and granny since he was very young to teach him the pop's pet skinks and dragons are NOT TOYS , they are just spikey babies , and he has to be gentle with them.
When he was very young I'd guide him when petting the lizards by touching his hand the same way the needed to be touched and gently stroking that area of his hand , then by holding his hand or finger to control the petting process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom