Beardie acting scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo22

Hello!
My bearded dragon has been acting differently and I wanted to ask to see if anyone could help. She is a female who is a year and a couple of months old.
Recently, she started acting differently. Whenever someone walks by her cage, she hunkers down and acts nervous. And in the past week or so, when someone walks by, she goes crazy and runs around her cage and dashes into her hiding house. She then stays in there for a while, looking scared when someone passes by. When she does start to come out, she just goes back in if someone goes near her.
Plus, for a while, she has been glass surfing almost constantly, and now she is doing what I described above.
Does anyone know what could be wrong? I would love some help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is she near a window ? Is there other animals in the house? It sounds like something has startled her and almost like she was traumatized ---- glass surfing--- what do you use for lighting in the tank ? brand and bulb of lights ---
Karrie

Apollo22

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply!
No, she is not really near a window. The only window is on the other side of the room and the curtains are closed all the time.
I do have other pets. I have dogs. Her cage is high off the ground so I do not think she can see them. Their barking probably bothers her, though.
For her lighting, I use a Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 UVB and a Exo-Terra 100 watt daytime heat lamp.
After a while today, she stopped acting startled and scared and just glass surfed a few times, but did not act scared.
Thank you for your help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Could be the dogs stressing her out--- is her beard a normal color- the glass surfing means she wants out--- what size tank is she in? Is she just glass surfing no digging?
Karrie

Apollo22

Original Poster
Her beard is a normal color. Sometimes she gets a little darker though.
She is in a 46 x 22 inch cage. She is glass surfing, but I do not see her digging.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How many gallon 46x22x? - tank could be too small as well
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok just restless then -- mine has been doing the same wall surfing --- and hes in a 120 gallon tank as well --- I bring him out for approx 2 hrs and then he seems fine after that --- same w/ the beard goes a little darker
Karrie

Apollo22

Original Poster
Okay, yeah, that seems like what's wrong.
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom