Hi He's going Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a year old leatherback...

He was very lethargic for a few months, didn't pass a poop for a month, wouldn't eat a thing... I assumed he was brumating but he lost quite a bit of weight... in the middle of summer.

But now that it's winter and colder he's decided that he's going to be hyper energetic and go nUts. (':

I take him OUT of the tank, he wants back in.
I put him IN the tank, and he wants out..

I'm actually afraid he's going to injure himself the way he's acting. He's leaping onto his perch and trying to jump up onto his thermometer... he's gotten himself wedged between the glass and his perch and got stuck... He will not sit on me. It's like he's had 4 cups of coffee.... :lol:

Should I be removing perches and accessories from his tank or will he be fine scrambling around...

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi there!

I'm new to beardie owning, but for the mods to answer your question, I suggest posting some info about your tank and setup. Sometimes, the weirdest problems happen from small things. What is your basking temp at? Do you keep food in the tank? That sounds like he's searching for food?

Hopefully a moderator will get back to you shortly!
Wishing you well,
Selkie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its possible something is going on w/ the lighting so please post pics of your tank and lighting so it can be ruled out --- how old is the dragon ? And has he regained weight since losing it?
Karrie

Hi mine is literally doing the exact same thing. I switched to an Arcadia T5 uvb he seems to have sprung back to life, I noticed his tank was a mess when I came back from work but he seemed calm, woken up today by a tapping noise on the glass and he’s going nuts.

Still won’t eat anything though other than a bit of salad here and there, faecal test was clear, hasn’t lost much weight. Weird!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Must be the early signs of spring and we are no where near spring -- Hiccup is doing the same thing --- wall surfing and tapping on front of the tank on the doors- get him out for a few hours of the day and hes fine -- but hes been driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! Hes eating very little --- wont touch the roaches but will eat some of the BSFL --- basking and pooping normal behavior just full of energy!! My daughter took him downstairs yesterday and he watched Youtube w/ her :roll:
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom