Only Poops in Boyfriend's Backyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizzyLizzyNC

Teddy is a ~1 year 8 month female bearded dragon that I've had since April. Since I got her she's only pooped once a week. For first couple months she would poop during one of her x2 weekly baths or in my outdoor enclosure. Never in her indoor enclosure.

Then she discovered my boyfriend's backyard. For the past 6 months she refuses to poop anywhere but in his backyard. Multiple times she has gone over 2 weeks through multiple warm baths, prune puree, exercise time in my little yard with no poops. When I finally break down and take her to his place within 5 min she will poop. It's starting to get rather cold here and I don't think it will be practical for much longer. Though this weekend it was 50 degrees and raining and she pooped within 2 min of going outside after again no poops for over 2 weeks.

Her poops look healthy. She's active and alert. She had her annual check up and my exotic vet reviewed my setup/diet. Said weight, setup (heat/UVB), and diet (veggies, dubia, superworms) was good.

Any advice? Eventually it will start snowing and it will be pretty ridiculous if I have to set up a outdoor heater for her.

Teddy likes to hang out on the rock tub waterfall after we've run the hot water.

full

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
When I read the topic and the first few sentences, I really thought this was going a different way... :roll:

• Are you sure you have a dragon and not a dog?
    Do you think she's trying to tell you (or your BF) something?
I (for one) would LOVE to be able to train my dragon to only do it in one place. Though being in the northeast, I can see your dilemma.

I think this will eventually (no pun intended) work itself out. Just don't take her out there anymore, continue warm baths as necessary, tummy massage...

...and maybe keep her confined until the dam bursts the first time. :roll:

DizzyLizzyNC

Original Poster
How long before I need to worry about impaction? Two weeks has been my breaking point. I usually can take her over on weekends. However, she made it to the 2+ week mark 3 times over the past summer/fall when I had to skip a weekend.

I've been racking my brain trying to think what triggers her. I even tried playing a waterfall recording during her exercise time thinking it was the running water. I wish I knew what was going on in her little bearde brain.

His yard is more tropical oasis versus Australian shrublands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom