Poop Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First... I apologize if this is a reptitive post because I'm sure it's been asked plenty of times over...

I'm looking for advice on potty training.

We currently use tiles as our flooring and while they're easy to wipe off if he promptly poos in the morning however some days if he's a little late I come home to baked poop and have to remove and scrub tiles (since he inevitably smears it everywhere).

I've tried putting him in the bath in the morning but he's NEVER pooped in his bath so I'm a bit at a loss of what to do. I also tried placing him on a paper towel until he goes but he wins the waiting game every time.

I'm just trying to keep him clean and healthy but it feels like he's attempting to thwart me. ... fortunately :roll: he poops everyday, sometimes twice.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This gets easier as they get older (and tend to go less frequently). The best luck I've had is by building a routine. My guy gets time under his portable lamp with his breakfast at around the same time every morning. He's on an easy to clean surface and I keep him in the room until he goes, then he is free to roam around. After a while he learned the routine and will rarely go in his tank if he can help it. It can take several months to develop the routine but it tends to work fairly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom