Baby Bearded Dragon Puffing Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashlinpauls

I just recently got a baby beardie, fyi not my first beardie currently I have another one about to turn 1 year old, and every time I try to take her out of her cage, she puffs up and acts as if she is going to attack. I reach in slowly, and try to grab her but she still freaks out. i’ve tried feeding her crickets before taking her out, but that didn’t work either. After I eventually get her out of her cage she’s still all puffy and very skittish. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She may not be used to you yet. I suggest being patient and if she is acting defensive like that, just let her be in the enclosure. Spend time near the enclosure and talk to her calmly and just observe. Try offering some treats like a black soldier fly larva by hand (or with tongs) to eventually try to build up some trust. Keep in mind you are MUCH larger and may be scary for a while. This does tend to go away in time and as they get used to you, they tend to be better with handling. This varies between dragons to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom