I'm Convinced he's just a stomach on legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
My lovely little boy Rocket, Isn't so little anymore...

and I've read that their appetite slows down more as they get older and Rocket is about a year old. But it seems as if his appetite has been increasing greatly.

I know it's just hormones most likely, But the boy has no fill line. He's a Stomach with legs!! And tries to eat Everything.
Even after he's had a big meal of dubias and salad he starts trying to eat everything in sight, His basking rock, his Log, his Hammock, The tank floor and walls, And even his own tail! And occasionally he'd try to eat his own poop thinking it's a bug!! :shock: He's just always hungry and finds everything edible.

Has anyone else's dragons turned into scaly Pacmen or something? Or is this normal?? He's driving me up the walls, because I'll be holding him and suddenly he goes up on my shoulder and starts trying to eat my hair, ears, Clothes, you name it. If it moves then it's prey.

Notable things:
•male,
•1 year old,
•19" long,
•260 grams at last weigh.

View media item 60664ignore the poop there Lol it was cleaned up after the photo.View media item 60638I don't have a recent photo of his tank right now but it's a 36L x 19T x 20W I believe.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Tombo has been the same way for his whole life basically, but more so these past few months. Hes a bit younger, a bit bigger, but he truly is a bottomless pit. Hes tame, but he still tries to bite my fingers as I open his tank. He wants to eat everything LOL.

Hes actually one of the few dragons I've ever had where I have had to limit feeders even when he was younger. He always had an unending appetite. He is quite the impressive eater lol.

-Brandon

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
claudiusx":3n1hy4qb said:
Hi there,

Tombo has been the same way for his whole life basically, but more so these past few months. Hes a bit younger, a bit bigger, but he truly is a bottomless pit. Hes tame, but he still tries to bite my fingers as I open his tank. He wants to eat everything LOL.

Hes actually one of the few dragons I've ever had where I have had to limit feeders even when he was younger. He always had an unending appetite. He is quite the impressive eater lol.

-Brandon
Lol, Yeah That's essentially Rocket. Like if I let him loose in one of my dubia bins I'm pretty sure he'd eat the entire colony. He's really sweet and not aggressive, But seriously. Anything that moves he'll try to eat. ?‍♀️

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
I will have to pull him out of my hair because he likes to eat it and then gets tangled all in it, that's a con about having long hair with a bearded dragon. :lol:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Moon4wolfgirl":2m0o2xjd said:
I will have to pull him out of my hair because he likes to eat it and then gets tangled all in it, that's a con about having long hair with a bearded dragon. :lol:
Oh my goodness yes! Lol That is so annoying!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
HippieLizards":22c9yftf said:
I know it's just hormones most likely, But the boy has no fill line. He's a Stomach with legs!! And tries to eat Everything.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you've never raised a puppy(?)
Puppys'll eat til they puke, and then eat the puke! :puke:
I've heard of a few beardies that have done that (hence the guideline to feed them as much as they'll eat in 15 min., then stop).
That wouldn't work for puppies; the last 2 we've had could eat their entire dinner in under 60 seconds, and then sniff around for more. :laughing6:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lol, Unfortunately I have not. I'd love to have a dog someday but due to allergy issues my family forbid having dogs in the house. :(
But In the future, I'd love to eventually get and raise a doggo of my own. :)

I do however know that puppies certainly are Never full just from hearing all the crazy stories I've heard from friends. My best friend is raising a (I think 6 month old?) German shepherd puppy. And boy he's a handful, he tries to eat everything and get into everything lol, but he's a fun and sweet dog.

But yeah, I have a feeling Rocket is secretly a puppy just disguised as a lizard with the way he acts. :lol:

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
HippieLizards":2wbla6tr said:
I'd love to have a dog someday but due to allergy issues my family forbid having dogs in the house. :(

I hear that a lot--often from people who don't want a dog for other reasons that they can't/don't want to justify. It shuts down discussions.

I'm not implying that here; it's also a legit concern for many.
(Speaking as one who is allergic to cats) :(

What many don't know/realize, is that there are quite a few hypoallergenic dog breeds. :wink:
(And hypoallergenic cat breeds) No guarantees, but hope for some.

Note to Moderators: We haven't strayed yet; we're still talking about stomachs on legs! :D

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
MrSpectrum":297diqzo said:
HippieLizards":297diqzo said:
I'd love to have a dog someday but due to allergy issues my family forbid having dogs in the house. :(

I hear that a lot--often from people who don't want a dog for other reasons that they can't/don't want to justify. It shuts down discussions.

I'm not implying that here; it's also a legit concern for many.
(Speaking as one who is allergic to cats) :(

What many don't know/realize, is that there are quite a few hypoallergenic dog breeds. :wink:
(And hypoallergenic cat breeds) No guarantees, but hope for some.

Note to Moderators: We haven't strayed yet; we're still talking about stomachs on legs! :D
Oh I'm well aware that there are Hypoallergenic dog breeds, the labradoodle is one of my favorite breeds, but allergy reasons aside, My Mother also just hates dogs with a burning passion unfortunately. She's more of a cat person. ??‍♀️

Aw that must suck being allergic to cats. My cat is a Maine coon mix and she's 90% fur. View media item 60951View media item 60920Underneath all that fur somewhere is a cat I believe. :lol: And she ALSO is a stomach on legs. For a while both of my siblings and I would feed her each day thinking nobody else had, so the darn cat would get 3 meals a day.. ??‍♀️ Thank goodness I have a system now and she gets the right amount each day now. But boy does that cat love to eat.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
HippieLizards":1t5vtqjz said:
But boy does that cat love to eat.
I don't doubt it, but the expression is "chowhound"--not "chowcat" :wink: :lol:
My Mother also just hates dogs with a burning passion unfortunately.
My mother was a cat-hater, so I get it. Ain't nuthin' can be done 'bout that. :(

We had a cat for a short time many years ago. I had grown out of the allergy (or so I thought), so we got a DSH. Needless to say, the allergy came roaring back with a vengeance, so we had to re-home the cat. C'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom