Brumating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
This is the second winter that I'll have had my first dragon for, of whom just turned 1yo in August. Should I be expecting her to brumate this time around or is it only a chance on the dragon you have if they do or not? If she does show signs of brumating, what should I be doing?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's hard to say. They are all different. Even when they brumate they do it differently. You get to know their routine a bit better as they get older though and know what is "normal". Only my current dragon goes into brumation. Look for lower appetite, going to sleep earlier, staying in the hide, acting groggy, less frequent poops, and weight staying around the same. When they brumate I usually take them out every few days and weigh them, offer some water, then just let them go back to sleep if they want to. It's mostly a waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom