My bearded dragons acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavito

My family and I went on vacation for five days and during that time our bearded dragon was staying at the East Bay Vivarium. When we returned and brought him home he was acting strange. He bobs his head which he never really used to do. When we put him in his terrarium his beard would get super black. When we take him out of his terrarium his beard calms down. But he really only calms down when we are like petting him. But as soon as he gets into his terrarium he gets really dark. He was also shedding during his stay at the East Bay Vivarium. There are a few scales that still have some she'd on them. And his shedding has been weird. First he was shedding around his eyes but then stopped for a month and then started shedding on his beard and mouth. I'm not sure if this has to do with his behavior but I'm really worried.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've been seeing this type of behavior on the board recently in dragons who were being boarded somewhere. They always settle back down after a couple weeks. It could be due to being in a new environment, or potentially being around other dragons and causing a spike in hormones.

If your husbandry is up to par I wouldn't worry too much about it honestly.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom