Pooping on bed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

While I'm not 100% sure, I'm 95% sure that my beardie will only poop on my bed. We got back from vacation and its been about a week. He didn't poop more than once the entire trip (which was 7 days including the car ride) but as soon as he was on my bed (a day after we got home) he pooped 2 nitrates and 2 full sized poops at the same time / same spot (as in he pooped twice in one go) and since then he didn't poop for the last 5 days, so I was worried that he was impacted since hes been on a super worm / mealworm / slightly larger than should be discoid roach diet until the crickets and smaller discoids (why must discoids be so expensiveeee) get here. (ik this is the worst possible diet for a young beardie and all of those feeders can cause impaction, especially super worms but if I didn't feed him those he would be on an all veggie diet, which only results in an untouched bowl and the stink eye, all jokes aside he would go without food for almost a week including the 2 days until they get here and I dont think thats healthy at all for him) but back on track. I gave him a warm bath as I do everyday since he doesn't drink from bowls or drops and massaged his belly for about 5 minutes with no results. I put him back in his tank for about an hour or two before deciding to take him out and let him roam around a bit on the bed. Within a minute of being on my bed he unleashed another 2 colossal dukes literally right where I sleep, just below the pillow, again with two nitrates. Is this normal for a beardie to hold in poop until in a spot they prefer, or am I just a victim of coincidence. And if this is normal, how can I train him to poop say in a container on the bed or preferably the tank, idk about you guys but having to scrub out beardie poop from your sleeping spot is not fun at all. also is it normal for the poop to be wet and smelly, it looks fine visually but a bit of liquid came out at the same time, and his poop has always been pretty smelly. it looks like pictures of healthy poop, pale and coiled up but you can see the shape, hopefully just a result of holding it in for so long.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would say hes found his favorite spot and since you now know this you need to be prepared :)--- :lol:
I would put down a dish towel on the bed making it kinda thick maybe two or so so if its real runny the dish towel catches all of it --- :) -- I had a beardie that always went on the back of the couch so I just started putting her on a dish towel and she would go thus taking the dish towel to the garbage can getting rid of waste and throwing in washer -------------
Karrie

Notta

Original Poster
Well I see now what people mean when they say beardies get what they want... Before long ill have to hand feed him collards and fan him with a big leaf or else he wont eat :lol:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Notta":o3618fj6 said:
Well I see now what people mean when they say beardies get what they want... Before long ill have to hand feed him collards and fan him with a big leaf or else he wont eat :lol:
:whip: :laughhard:

You're learning quickly!

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom