When to handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin797

Hi there, relatively new owner here.

I was wondering if it matters when I handle my little guy. Right now, I generally just take him out whenever I feel like and keep him out until he makes his way back to the enclosure. This usually means 10-15 minute sessions happening anywhere between 1-5 times a day depending on how busy I am. Although, some times he likes to stay out longer. How much is too much handling? Is there a way to tell when he wants to be handled?

Also unrelated, but my guy seems to go to bed at very different times everyday. His lights go out at 8:30, some days he'll stay up until then, but other days he'll go to bed as early as 5:30. I do the second feeding at around 4 every day. Why does he go to bed at such varying times? Is this an issue? Should I turn off the lights when he goes to bed early?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you post pics of his tank and lighting-- ? brand of UVB and bulb? Its good your letting him out - I would not let him be out more than 2 hrs w/ out him having some sort of heat source to go to while being out - or just put him back in his tank so he can go to his basking area- usually I take my cue from my dragon - he goes to bed at different times as well usually if its earlier I will shut his lights off but if hes still awake at the 12 hr time period I will shut the lights off and he goes and crawls in his bed and goes to sleep - I get him up early in the morning tho so hes usually ready to go to bed after 12 hrs or so-
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No it doesn't matter really. The only considerations are making sure they had time in the morning to warm up first, and that they have time after eating to bask and digest.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom