Abnormal behavior after move

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMH97

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had any insight to Andre's behavior. On Monday, I moved into a new apartment, and since then, he has been going NUTS! He wakes up and glass surfs almost all day. He's not super interested in eating (he'll eat a few bites of salad and thats about it), and he's been having super runny (but not crazy smelly) poops. He's already lost a bit of weight from the constant activity and lack of appetite. He never ever glass surfed, except at the beginning of the summer when he was sick, but I'm thinking this is more stress related. Can beardies be this stressed out just from a change of environment outside the tank? Nothing inside of his tank has changed at all.

Thank you all for your help!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
EMH97":32rk3aee said:
Can beardies be this stressed out just from a change of environment outside the tank?
Absolutely! :D
Even though inside his tank didn't change, the whole world he sees outside of it has. Everything you are describing (including the runny poo) sounds just like relocation stress. I would just give him some time to settle in! He should go back to normal soon. :mrgreen:

-Brandon

EMH97

Original Poster
Ok, thank you so much for getting back to me! His behavior has already started to subside a little bit. It seems like each day, the time spent glass surfing is a little less and the time spent hanging out and basking is a little more.

Hopefully, soon he will be back to normal! Thanks again!

EMH97

Original Poster
Hi!

I thought I would give an update-

Unfortunately, Andre's behavior hasn't stopped since I've moved. For a while, it seemed like he was chilling out, but then after a few days of calm it started up in full swing again. He is still glass surfing every day, and I'm not sure how to help him relax! I wonder if he might be able to see his reflection in the glass since my new room is a bit brighter than my old room. He has a backdrop going around the back wall and the two sides, but I'm not sure what to do about the front part of his tank. Any advice?

Also, the only other time I've ever seen him glass surf this aggressively was when he had a bacterial infection at the beginning of this summer, so I might bring him to the vet to get his blood drawn and make sure everything is ok. I'm wondering if maybe he's gotten some sort of infection again.

I'll update in a while to let you all know how Andre is doing!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the lighting in the tank? UVB brand and bulb please? Can you post a pic of his tank and lighting so we can better get an idea --- when they are constantly doing this I am thinking the lighting is off--
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and post pics
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I'm a little curious about a couple of things. Sorry if I missed a previous thread, but what is Andre's age, and how big is the enclosure? Obviously(?) I'm wondering if he may have outgrown it?

Is there anything different about this apt. other than the amt. of light? Are there any new/different odors or noises/sounds/vibrations?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not to add even another theory to the mix, but are you sure Andre is a male. The behavior matches females who are ready to lay. It's just when you originally paired it with the fact that you recently moved, what made the most sense was relocation stress.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom