Glass surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two year old beardie has been glass surfing a lot. When I see him do it, I take him out and let him run around. Sometimes when I put him back in his tank after being out, he will chill out. Other times he Is all hyper.
I did Change the location of his tank. His tank use to be in our “junk” room. Now he is in my room. He is on top of my new dresser. Could the change of location make him stressed? Idk if seeing my dogs stresses him.(he has met them plenty of times) should I switch him back to his original location (if I can talk my parents into letting him back) or would he just get use to it?

Also tonight he is sleeping like he is trying to get out. Tho, I might have spooked him by accident

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be due to the change of scenery.
Is there anything in your room that might be making him want to get to it? Something that might look like food?

-Brandon

Oskarflosquirt30

Original Poster
102000-1673733695.jpg

His lighting hasn’t changed. Temp is the same. I did put up the picture. Which he use to have up when I first got him but fell off.I did take out his hammock because it kept falling down when he would get on it. He has been head bobbing a lot. Inside and outside of the cage. Could he be going through mating season? No stress marks, or they really light. His beard has been dark more than usually but no aggression, no hissing, puffing. His appetite has been down a little bit. Not eating a lot of crickets but he eats his greens. Idk. I wish he could talk to me Hahahahahaha

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its the lighting---- what do you have in all those domes---- if there is a coil UVB bulb in there you need to change it out to a tube-------------- any colored bulbs??????? - The head bobbing is part of mating season-can he see his reflection on the sides? - Here is what is recommended on the forum for UVB
Which UVB light should I use?
The best UVB light is a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube HO (Or Arcardia 12% in the UK). Compact or coil bulbs do not emit the proper amount of UVB light for a bearded dragon, and should not be used. Other brands, such as the Zilla Desert Series and ReptiGlo have been known to cause eye problems and other health issues with bearded dragons, and should be avoided. The reason that some UVB lights (Zilla, ReptiGlo, coils/compacts, ect.) are considered dangerous is because the wavelength of UVB that they emit is shorter and more intense than the wavelength of the "safe" lights (ReptiSun, Arcadia). UVB lights should be replaced every 6 months. The T5’s are a strong bulb and only need to be replaced once a year – the T 8 every 6 months--- where as the T 8 are not as strong—they need to be placed inside the tank the T 5 10.0 bulb approx 10-11 inches from basking spot – the T 8 approx 8-10 inches from basking spot—the cover needs to be off the bulb for full effect of the UVB rays-- I would get the UVB changed out as soon as you can-----------
Karrie

Oskarflosquirt30

Original Poster
So starting on left, I have a ceramic, uvb,red basking light, night time heat and a ceramic. yes I have looked at those types of lights. Just don’t have the money right now to buy one. Another thing that came to mind it my light timing might be off.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get rid of red bulb -- they hurt their eyes and can cause long term eye damage-- I would get the coil UVB changed out asap + I don't think it's the timing but those lights - he's trying to get away from the red and coil
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I see you have 2 heat emitters you actually only need one if your tank is falling below 65 at nite --- other wise I would say that tank is too hot if they are on -------------- please take temps w/ a infrared heat gun at basking spot 95-105 and cool side of tank should be 80's during he day ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom