Very skittish female juvenile

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeralTami

Hi

I got a rescue Beardy about a month ago, she was very underweight and scared of everything, they didn't know her age but I'm guessing in the 5 - 8 months range.

I currently have her in a temporary setup until I get her new much bigger enclosure in a few days, but she has a decent amount of room to roam and has the correct temps, arcadia uvb, basking bulb and such.

I gave her a week to settle in and she is very skittish when I try to do anything with her, I've tried the hand in the enclosure technique (she just keeps backing off or just running away), putting one of my shirts in there (she pooped on it), always letting her know I'm there when going to pick her up and always from the front, although she has started allowing me to pick her up sometimes but the moment I lift her she just starts wildly thrashing (so many scratches). When she is out of her enclosure she just wants to go back in right away and will do what she can to just climb back in.

She's eating fine, has gained a nice bit of weight, she gets quite excited when she sees it is feeding time (the only time she willingly jumps out of her enclosure), eating both dubias and greens.

I'm guessing the ultimate solution is to just give her time, but what do you guys think? Any ideas?

Also, when I give her baths she will head bob, any idea what's up with that?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Head bob is a sign of mating -- usually it shows submission I believe -- just give her some more time -- she will come around and its good that you adopted her and giving her the attention she deserves and needs
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
KarrieRee":vcxn5dt3 said:
Head bob is a sign of mating -- usually it shows submission I believe -- just give her some more time -- she will come around and its good that you adopted her and giving her the attention she deserves and needs
Karrie
Head bobbing usually means the opposite, aggression or dominance! :mrgreen:
Arm waving is an act of submission.

If shes doing it in the bath is it possible its because shes gotten water in her ear or something?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom