New mom of baby bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new baby bearded dragon and i have been concerned with some stuff. First he keeps scratching his face on the side of his food dish and on his tree branches that he lays on is that normal or should i be concerned? 2 he gets scared and runs almost everytime i try to pet him and i never come from the top i always come from side so he sees me coming but he will let me feed him out of my hands am i doing something wrong here? Please help if you can.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moved by moderator from Beardie ER to Behavior.

The head rubbing might be related to shedding. That makes them feel itchy and they'll rub up against things. Young dragons tend to shed somewhat frequently since they're growing so quickly.

He may still be a bit timid as he adjusts to his new home. Keep in mind you are a lot bigger than he is so may be intimidating. He will probably calm down more around you in time. It's a good sign that he's active and eating well. Hand feeding like you've been doing is also a good way to start forming a bond.

If you'd like to share photos of your new buddy, you can upload them here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button. You can create a new thread in the Introductions section or Beardie Tales section to share his progress as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom