Dobby acting out of character

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Hi
Dobby has just come home from holiday , she was staying at a reptile rescue center for a week while I was away, they said she was great, active, having free time outside her enclosure and eating anything and everything (even veg which she wont touch at home), had her usual baths and pooped twice ( not like her), anyway since she has been home she has constantly been running around her viv and glass surfing trying to get out, we have got her an outside run, like a rabbit run which has wire mesh so she cant escape, and hides to get out of sun if she wishes , as it has been nice and sunny she has spent lots of time outside and in the evenings she has sat in her usual spot indoors up at the window until sun goes down, do you think she just prefers being out of her viv or could something be wrong ? its distressing to see her so desperate to get out, on advice from the rescue center as its been fairly warm and sunny here we turned her basking light down to 92 to 95 . Could that still be too warm in her viv or maybe too cold ? She's not sitting under lamp much at all,but she isn't hiding like she used to before , could she just be settling back in after being away ? thanks all

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is she and is she digging at all ? Could she possibly be w/ eggs? Even infertile?
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi she is 14 months, she scratches the floor but no more than usual, should I make up a dig box to see ? also she's had another poop today but its tiny, hardly any urate just a small blob of poop :/

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would set one up just to see if that could possibly be it ----- and I would get her basking temp back up as well -- 95-105-- does she have a gradient area so if she doesnt want to lay in the hottest spot she can lay some where else? Some others on here might have some ideas as well as far as her behavior? What kind of UVB do you have for her and where in the tank is it? Lighting in tanks plays a big role in their behavior and digestion as well
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok I'll do that, she has cooler area to go if she wants to and plenty of places to hide, her uvb is t5 desert 14% tube and covers the whole length of the viv, temps are now 100f and she's oner her basking log with her moth open so i'm guessing she's basking, I will give her a bath later to see if that helps .thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom