Wicked Aggressive Juvanile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, ive recently purchased my first beardie. She is a five month old female and she HATES me :angry5: . Neither me my girlfriend or my father can pet her in her cage without getting bit. Picking her up in a fiasco witch almost always involved biting. I have been trying to be patient but its getting to the point where I want to return her. she shows no signs of improvement and seems to get more aggressive after each handling session. Any advise?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are the basking temps in the tank? and how are you taking them? UVB what brand and bulb? Where is it in the tank ? on top of screen or in the tank? Lighting has everything to do w/ behavior along w/ digestion --- is she eating ?
Karrie

JacobsDragons01

Original Poster
The yank is set up perfectly to my knowladge she has 3 lights 1 heat 1 UVB and 1 combo. She has a 98-100 degree basking area and the cold side is about 80. She eats like a animal and is one of the healthiest looking reptiles I've ever seen. I do not think its related to her care here because o was told she was mean when I purchased her. Also the light is in the tank but it's a tall aquarium so it's not that close to him directly

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please take a pic of your tank and lighting and post --- https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
use the XIMG on top of message box to post --- you said combo for lights and no brand or bulb or how far in tank --- this plays a huge role in their behavior --- I have never known a bearded dragon to be aggressive - some others on here may know more about that but I have never heard of this --- basking temps are they accurate and how are you taking them?
Karrie

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
When you try to pet her, what is your approach? If your hand is coming at her from above, she will instinctively be on the defensive. There are some things you can try. Wear a t-shirt for at least a full day, and then put that in the tank with her, to make your scent familiar/non-threatening. If you know of a food she considers a treat, offer that from your hand, but without trying to touch her or pick her up. If you're very patient, you can try just resting your hand in the tank without touching her. Slowly move your hand closer to her a little more each day (but back off if she reacts with fear). Speak gently to her whenever you're near her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would try all jumpinjellyfish said but please post pics of tank and lighting
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom