Combating reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin797

So my new little guy tends to get in a lot of arguments with "the other beardie in the tank" (meaning the reflection). He/she even struggles with hunting sometimes; I watched him/her stare down the other beardie who seemed to be guarding a worm instead of simply looking down and eating it. Is there anything I can do to help the little fellow out in this epic battle?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can try putting some construction paper or other matte paper up over the sides to cut down on reflection. Large matte photos may work too. Hopefully that phase will be outgrown soon =)

Muffin797

Original Poster
Would typical lined or printer paper work as well? Also, should I be placing the paper on the inside or outside of the enclosure?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe. Give it a shot. I'd put it on the outside first so it doesn't run as much risk of getting wet or torn. If that doesn't cut down on glare enough, try putting it along the inside and see how that goes. I wouldn't be afraid to test some different things out in this situation.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Muffin797":2aox47yg said:
So my new little guy tends to get in a lot of arguments with "the other beardie in the tank" (meaning the reflection).
LOL, reminded me of Flo from finding nemo lol.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom