Help With Aggressive Juvanile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a juvanile that does not like me, I have been petting her in her cage witch she has become a lot more comfertable with but still bites and flares when I go to pick her up. Should I wait to attempt to pick her up or just begin handling now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would hold off if she is acting defensive like that. She isn't completely comfortable yet (which is OK). You can try offering her some treats by hand. Try black soldier fly larvae or silk worms, those tend to be popular. You may also want to double check the enclosure to make sure something isn't off. If you wish to provide details about your setup and lighting etc, we'll be glad to review it to make sure everything is just right for your buddy.

JacobsDragons01

Original Poster
Gladly, I hand feed her for all three meals a day mainly Duboia roaches. She has a basking spot with UVB that stays around 95-100 degrees she has a cold side that is around 80-85 and her tank gets no colder than 75 at night. Her tank is rather large for her about 3 and a half feet long and she has plenty of decor for her to hide or climb on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom