Scared juvenile beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherOfAsh

Hey everyone! I’m new here! My husband and I just purchased two juvenile bearded dragons both approximately 3 months in age. They are Not housed in the same enclosure they are COMPLETELY separate can’t even see each other. They both have adequate lighting and heat as I followed actually the forums here for guidance on setting the up both are currently in 20 gallon tanks (since they are so small at the moment) their next enclosure when they get bigger will be 75 gallon enclosures. Our first beardie his/her name is Natsu. He/she is so social and so so happy to be held. We got him/her from Repticon. Our second beardie his/her name is Gajeel and he/she is SO SCARED. She is not social doesn’t want to be held or anything.we rescued her from a guy on Craigslist who said he was going to take her to a kill shelter!? I’ve watched literally hundreds of videos on taming and teaching a beardie to trust. I was able to hold her for the first real time today (I actually cried a little that she trusted me enough to do that) but the whole time I held her she had her eyes closed and she was so so so very still. When I went to put her down after about 20 minutes of holding her she didn’t get off my hand she stayed very still and would t move off me. Did she like being held close to me? Was she just content with being close and that’s why she didn’t want to get off my hand? Or was she just so scared she was petrified to move? She’s never shown aggression or anything. Also it may be work mentioning I do have a tank top I’ve worn in the tank with my scent on it and she literally ever leaves that tank top she’s always curled up on it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your on the right track and congratulations for reading and doing your homework on the dragons before getting them-------------- keep us posted --- she will come around-- try hand feeding her
Karrie

MotherOfAsh

Original Poster
Thanks Karrie! I’ve done several months (3 or 4 months) of research before I got them I’m a very thorough kind of person and wanted to make sure I would be a good dragon mom. I hope she comes around soon (she may be a he we aren’t sure yet she is smaller than our other one even though they are the same age so we have taken to saying she) I did like everyone said and let her get used to her enclosure and petted her for a bit every single day to associate scent I also primarily hand feed her I feel like it is a good bonding thing! She also waves at me ALOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom