Grey beard, even after shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhvee

Hi all,

My approximately 8-month-old beardie recently went through a full shed and thus just shed his beard yesterday. Ever since he came to me a couple of months ago, he's had a grey-ish beard, which I had thought was because he was about to shed, but instead it went very pale while in shed and has now returned to his usual grey color again. Here's a photo of him and his beard:

104301-6135686193.jpg

He otherwise has such beautiful and bright colors as well as a smooth white tummy (no stress marks) and is friendly, active, and alert. I've never seen his beard go fully black, and it only darkens a little when he's in the bath and clearly wishes he could be playing outside instead (lol). Can this be a normal color for a beard, or maybe a product of hormones as a growing young male?

marhvee

Original Poster
claudiusx":17go5ess said:
Most likely related to him being trans hypo.

-Brandon
Wow, how interesting! I didn't even consider that being trans hypo could affect the beard color/appearance, but that definitely makes sense! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom