Arm backwards but not weak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay0818

I didn't catch a picture of it, but my baby was laying on the side of his basking rock with one arm backward. He doesn't have any other issues walking on it and he isn't turning his hands inwards, so I'm hoping it's not a health issue. He's only done it the one time that I've seen, and had otherwise been basking normally.

He's alert and active as usual, and he's mid-shed right now - his tail is almost done and his body and arms look like they'll start any day now. Is it possible he was scratching it by rubbing it on the rock as he climbed? He scratched at his face while he was shedding on his head, so I know he gets itchy, and I've tried searching but I don't see any mention of this behavior without more problems indicating health issues.

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

My knee-jerk reaction is to say it's no problem and not to worry about it, but I don't want to say that without knowing more of what you're talking about. If you get a chance, please do try to get a picture and post it - it's hard to say with your description of the behavior.

Entirely possible he was just itching, and at least arm issues don't indicate anything like impaction or anything.

Best,
-Ellen

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are oddly flexible, and sometimes they just flop down and put their arms and legs spread out into weird positions. If he is able to move it and everything else seems fine, it's probably just the position he felt comfortable in at the time ha.

-Brandon

Jay0818

Original Poster
I haven't seen him do it again so hopefully that's all it was! It was still early when he did it so maybe he just flopped down because he was still sleepy? I'm keeping an eye on it in the mean time! He's running around like normal so I'm hoping he just chose to lay in a weird way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom