Separation anxiety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarbharas

I’ve noticed that whenever I have to go out of town and I put someone else in charge of feeding my beardie, he won’t eat. He’s a 10 month old so he gets fed twice a day, but when I’m out of town and someone else has to go over and feed him, he will never eat for that person. As soon as I get back though, he’s back to eating like a total monster. Could that be a form of separation anxiety or maybe he’s just afraid of being handled by someone he’s not familiar with?
I’m only ever gone for a few days at a time so I’m not worried about the behavior, just curious.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yep.

It happens.

I had to go to hospital for a month with an infection , my wife was left at home to care for my pet lizards.

My boy Toothless refused to eat anything for her because he was pining for me , the welcome home I got from him was lovely and boy was he a hungry boy.

You need the person who is taking on caring the dragons to be around each day for several weeks to bond with your dragon so they will see this person as "part of the family" and they'll be used to their way doing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom