do all female beardies lay infertile eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had mine for like 9 years and ive always thought she was a girl but she's never laid an egg once in her life wtf i didnt even know they do that

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not all females do. If you're unsure of the sex there is an article here on how to do it.

If you Gerry pictures up like in the article we can tell you if you've got a male or female.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
No. I understand if you allow the female adult dragon to brumate over winter, even if she never see's a male, she will likely still produce a clutch of slugs.

My Peppa never laid slugs , nor did Rex.
None of pet skinks or dragon have ever brumated , though they do slow down a little over winter but are awake each day looking for food, (water for the skinks) and basking & wanting out).
I've nearly always had mixed sex pairs who are housed separately and never allowed to physically meet (to do the deed) , they do show an interest in the other lizard (potential mate) and do courting rituals but that's as far as I let It progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom