Shedding Behaviour Female Drag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alupe

My dragon is active crazy! She's scratching the walls of her viv, hyperactive, not interested in food the past few days and a mild black beard (comes and goes). I tried to feel for eggs thinking she might be fertile but felt nothing, I even put her in the bath to see. She is shedding on her legs, side of her top and on top of her head. Her belly is also sort of a weird colour and smooth so I assume she's about to shed there. She's just over a year old, hot side of the viv is 38C and the cold side 25C. I thought maybe her behavior is down to shedding and being irritated or maybe it's hormones. Any advice or anything I should be worried about? She's driving me crazy :lol:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post setup of tank and lighting--- lighting has a lot to do w/ their behavior--- you can post pics by going to top of the page in the banner and click on User Image Uploader - down load pics- click reply - on top of message box click on XIMG - wait for page to refresh and check to see if they posted
Karrie

Alupe

Original Poster
Hi Karrie. I can't post any pictures atm because she's sleeping but she has a two month old Zoomed Reptisun 10.0 Lamp, 30 W, 36" 914 mm that goes along the top of her viv. Her vivarium is Width 1150, Depth 375, Height 421 mm so plenty of room to move around. It's basically https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vivexotic-...vivarium&qid=1558033193&s=gateway&sr=8-4&th=1of amazon (large). The temperature is regulated by a thermostat to ensure it's the correct temperature.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is the UVB in the tank? Could be hormones it is breeding season
Karrie

Alupe

Original Poster
Hi Karrie. Yes the UVB is within the tank :) . I did read online about "Spring Fever" but wasn't sure how it effected female dragons. Do you know how long this typically lasts? She's only been like this since Monday, she was eating fine and pooping normally on Sunday but hasn't eaten much (outside a bit of veg) since then.

I'm probably just overreacting but I just want her to be happy and sometimes just feels like I'm missing something :oops:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Some others on the forum would haft answer that question-- I have not had to deal w/ this type of issue so they would be better to answer that
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Spring fever can last weeks or months. My guy started acting hyper in January and is just now calming down. As long as she isn't losing much weight and is active then she's probably OK. Do be on the lookout for digging behavior in case she needs to lay eggs.

Alupe

Original Poster
Thanks for all your responses! I got her a laybox just in case. Every time she digs I put her in it. Once I do that though she just tries to get out or sits there. I made a little hole in the playsand hill to see if she will keep digging but nothing. Should I leave her in there? Any advice?

She has all the signs of infertile egg. Digging the walls/floor in her viv. Not eating. Pooping small amounts daily. I heard you cant always feel infertile eggs so I'm really not sure.

Alupe

Original Poster
She just popped out an egg! Only one mind you, and this was hours after digging... and she did drop it in the sand but where she was basking... but progress! She's asleep now but I assume there's going to be more. Will she be alright and continue digging tomorrow? I really hope someone responds because I'm freaking out :blob8:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mystery solved! She may continue digging and lay the eggs in batches over the next several days so keep giving her access to the dig box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom