Not basking

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my, now, seven weeks old baby beardie about two weeks ago. He seemed to bask a lot the first week he was here. However, my mum bought him a new ornament and he loves it so much that he won’t sit anywhere else. Thankfully he still goes to his food bowl to eat. But he won’t bask because he doesn’t want to sit anywhere else. I don’t want to get rid of it because it makes him so happy and I don’t want to upset him. Please help a gal out

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Take the favorite ornament and put under the basking light- or move the basking light to where he is always sitting-
Karrie

Beardiemum2019

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2e41fhr1 said:
Take the favorite ornament and put under the basking light- or move the basking light to where he is always sitting-
Karrie
Hi Karrie, I tried this but with my viv I can’t move the light anywhere as it’s a wooden, and under his light he has like a shelf thing, so I can’t fit it under there:(. Thank you for trying to help though

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as he can still easily get to the basking site he will go there when he needs to. It's good that you found something to add that makes him happy. He will likely move across the course of the day to get what he needs as long as it's available for him.

Beardiemum2019

Original Poster
CooperDragon":9wgc0s65 said:
As long as he can still easily get to the basking site he will go there when he needs to. It's good that you found something to add that makes him happy. He will likely move across the course of the day to get what he needs as long as it's available for him.

Thanks so much, this really helped a lot. I noticed this morning he did bask for a little while until I put his crickets in there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom