Waving

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my beardie a week ago. He’s 9 weeks old now and he seems to have settled in fine. The only strange thing I’ve noticed is that he waves when he’s about to catch his crickets. I’ve checked his temps and they all seem to be fine. I had another beardie who sadly passed and I never saw him do this. I was just wondering if anyone knows why he could be doing this?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Waving is part of the mating behavior--- odd that hes doing it so young but whatever!
Karrie

Hikari

Waving is a sign of submission. Mine used to do it all the time when she was young after just getting her, as if to say "I am smol and you are big and scary, please don't hurt me". It was so cute. She hasn't done it in a good, long while (probably because she already knows I won't hurt her).

Kinda funny that he waves at his crickets though, lol. Maybe he' trying to fake them out and catch them off-guard. :wink:

Beardiemum2019

Original Poster
Hikari":1fmdjbvf said:
Waving is a sign of submission. Mine used to do it all the time when she was young after just getting her, as if to say "I am smol and you are big and scary, please don't hurt me". It was so cute. She hasn't done it in a good, long while (probably because she already knows I won't hurt her).

Kinda funny that he waves at his crickets though, lol. Maybe he' trying to fake them out and catch them off-guard. :wink:

Well I had a feeling it was because he tends to creep up on the crickets really slowly. I’m starting to think it’s so that he doesn’t lose balance when he’s sneaking up on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom