Enclosure position

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Hi guys. Been wondering if where I have put the vivarium in the room has an effect on her behaviour? When she first came home as an 8 week old baby the vivarium was flat against the wall in living room. About 5ft from the window but not facing window. She was very active then and eating her veg as well as crux and locusts , Then in November the room had a change round due to getting a table, so we moved the vivarium to the corner of room but placed it at a diagonal angle so now almost facing the windows almost immediately she stopped running around, spent most of her days under her cave and refused to eat veg and only has a couple of locusts per day. Vet visit was all ok. Just really worried as to why she won’t eat much.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The tank is roughy 4 meters from the window so she wouldn’t be able to see out.sometimes the sun does reach the tank but it’s only just spring at the moment so we’ve not had much sun. There is no background on the vivarium but the back is wooden not glass. Don’t know if that makes a difference.

If the sun can reach in the tank sometimes then it might be getting too hot for her, are the temps ok? Or is she hiding 247 even when there’s no sun? Also what uvb are you using ?

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I check temps if we have a bit of sun and adjust the dimming thermostat to cool it down but we really haven’t had that much sun here yet. Her temps are steady at 102 basking and 80 ambient temp 75 cool end. She’s actually just eaten some locusts (only 3) and gone to sit on her basking log. She’s not done that for a while :) Was also wondering if having the locust tub on top of her vivarium annoys her, with the locusts moving around

Good she decided to bask! Can she see the locust bin if it’s on top of her viv? And assuming so already but the locusts are smaller than the space between her eyes?

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No she can’t see the locusts, and the locusts are thinner than the space between her eyes. But she does prefer the winged locusts anything that actually hop around she dont bother with, she also refuses to poop in her home. We thought she was impacted although she’s not on sand or anything that could hurt her but every time we bath her she goes straight away without problems. I’m thinking maybe we just have a stubborn female that likes to do things her way ??

I don’t think it’d be a problem if she can’t see but can hear the locusts,, she’ll get used to that eventually, imo

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
100805-6138282930.jpg
. Well she’s nice and orange today :). She’s just been up at the doors trying to get out. ?. Thanks very much for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom