Tail wagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
I saw my bearded dragon just looking at me through his tank, and I caught him doing a new behavior like tail wagging? Is this normal?

And I noticed he also has a black dot at the top of his tongue. Is this normal as well?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't interpret it as tail wagging like a dog would do. I haven't seen that. Does it happen often? If you could post a photo of his tongue it would be helpful. They usually have a change in color toward the tip or edges of the tongue though so it's not necessarily a problem. Is he eating well? That would be an indicator of if it's bothering him or not.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Tail wagging in a lizard, like a dragon or monitor or skink, usually means it's displaying it's alert and perhaps really enjoying something it's doing (usually seen when eating).

I've seen eastern water skinks, delicate skinks, rainbow skinks, 5 lined grass skinks, eastern and central and lawsons bearded dragons , jacky dragons, nobbi dragons, water monitors, lace monitors , sand monitors and others all doing this in the wild.

They can be very expressive with their tails.

My beardie does this ALL the time! He does it a lot when I stroke his tail, and does it sometimes when I walk up to him, or even when he just sees me. It's mostly random, except he does it every time I stroke his tail... I've also wondered about what it means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom