Running and hissing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggyjames

OK so anyone else have a baby beardie that just does not like to be held or have any interaction with people or other beardies. Our little guy runs and hisses when you try to pick him up. And if he does let you pick him up he wants to run and jump off of you. Our other beardie is so different from this and I am concerned that maybe our little guy has something wrong with him. He was purchased from a big brand pet shop and makes me wonder if that has something to do with it. Any help is appreciated!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's probably just a different personality. It may take a while longer to get him used to handling, and some of them are just more solitary than others. Try offering some treats by hand so you can at least build some trust. Don't force handling too much if he's running away and acting defensive.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would also suggest have him get used to your hand in the tank --- when cleaning it out etc.. -- mine did the same thing after bringing him home too - run and go on the defensive not so much hiss but basically the same behavior- the hand feeding will also help -- it may take some time but he will eventually come around
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom