Black Beard Every Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,

I'm assuming this is more of an attitude thing than an underlying health or stress issue, but I wanted to see if anyone else's beardie does this just incase it isn't normal.

For the past few weeks Pancake has been black bearding almost every morning, starting about 5 to 10 mins after his lights go on. After 30 to 45nins later his beard will go back to its normal colour. He doesn't show any other signs of distress, still goes about his normal morning beard stretches/flexes, but black bearding is new. Does anyone have a beardie who just isn't a morning lizard? Or could he just be mad that his salad hasn't arrived yet?

He has the same appetite and energy levels; he has a Reptisun 10.0 T5 UVB, cool side of his tank ranges from 78 to 80F, basking spot is 100F, and the humidity in his tank ranges from 45% to 46%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom