Normal behaviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte78

Hi all, this is only my third post on here so still learning. I just wanted to get peoples opinions on my beardies behaviour. He is normally really active and very inquisitive. Over the last couple of days he really does not like going back into his vivarium (I take him out for a good run around every day). Once I put him back in after his runabout he seems to get the huff and goes and disappears into his hide and that’ll be that till the next day. Today I let him amour about 3pm and when I put him in he just naffed off to his bed. Obviously I don’t want to bother him in his hide as that’s his time and privacy. I just wondered if it could be to do with the time of year or if it’s because he’s a mardy teenager?

Just to add he’s still really bright and inquisitive, he’s really responsive so no issues there. I’m just a new beardie parent who’s trying to work out his little boys quirks!
103929-8041222808.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is he not basking? What kind of lighting do you have in your tank?
Karrie

Monte78

Original Poster
KarrieRee":p646745d said:
Is he not basking? What kind of lighting do you have in your tank?
Karrie
He normally does he’s just gone to bed earlier than normal. I’ve got a T8 Komodo uvb and a 100w basking bulb. The temps are spot on and went through my set up with my vet last week and all was good. I think he might just be in a bit of a mood today.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You are the second person today that has said they have that brand of UVB -- I have never heard of it so someone else will haft to weigh in on the UVB--- I know it plays a huge role in their behavior eating and digesting food--
Karrie

Monte78

Original Poster
KarrieRee":147or8zk said:
You are the second person today that has said they have that brand of UVB -- I have never heard of it so someone else will haft to weigh in on the UVB--- I know it plays a huge role in their behavior eating and digesting food--
Karrie

It’s very well known in the UK. Highly rated so I would be surprised if there’s any issues there. As I said it’s only been the last two days so would be surprised if the UVB has caused any issues. He’s eating really well - it’s literally just the last two days when he has to go back in his viv when he doesn’t want to.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It could be what HerpGirl is saying and hes just sulking---- if the behavior continues then I would explore the lighting more -- it does effect their moods and every thing else
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom