Weird Wheezing noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Hey I'm new on this site but have been stalking it for answers about my beardie blue, when I got home today he was making a squeaky, wheezing noise and puffing up his beard whenever I go near him. I'm 90% sure he's a boy, he's about 4 months old and has a healthy appetite. The last few nights he has been warming up to me and giving me cuddles and has been outside his tank, his temps are normal, he has a sand substrate, and has recently eaten like 3 mealworms. Im just wondering if this is normal behaviour or is there something wrong with him.
Much love Jordy and Blue

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of his tank and lighting so we can see what is going on there -- my advice get rid of the sand --- it is not healthy for them causes impaction etc.... mealworms should not be fed to a baby they are too hard on their system -- he needs crickets or dubia roaches and vegies like collards mustard turnip greens - green beans -- squash any kind--- fruit---no citrus on a daily basis -- he should be having dusted bugs w/ calcium D3 5 x per week vitamins 2 x per week -- he probably wont eat the greens as much as his main diet now is bugs and he needs the protein -- his basking temps should be a little over a 100 110 for a baby-- how are you taking temps--- ? I recommend a Infrared Heat gun purchased thru Walmart Home Depot Lowes -- for around $10-- substrate can be bought there as well for a larger tank - if you have a small tank for now you need to look at upgrading to a 75-120 gallon by the time he is a year or so -- paper towels will work for now but please get rid of the sand---- the substrate I was talking about is alot of us use non adhesive shelf liner or a ceramic slated tile cut to size of the tank --- please ask questions we are all here to help--as far as the wheezing noise does he have any type of mucas coming out of his nose or mouth - is he doing any gaping like breathing thru his mouth? I am hoping one of the others weigh in on this topic
Karrie

Jordy

Original Poster
Hi KarrieRee
Thanks for replying I'm not able to post pics at the moment but Blue is doing fine now no more wheezing thank god, I'm trying to convince my dad to get rid of the sand. Thanks for the tips I will definitely take them on board
Much love, Jordy and Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom