Unhappy Juvenile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
For the record, this issue has long since been resolved. She's going to be in a 224G custom tank here soon, with costs under the $300 mark before decorations.

I was never unwilling to spend the money, simply needed time to get the money. I even stated in an earlier message that I was holding off so I could go larger than 40G for $120 since giving her the space of a 224G is barely twice the cost. It's roughly 43" x 24" x 48"

Budgeting funds in this case was not easy. I got her and her initial setup when making $400/week, this post was initially started while barely making $100/week. As I am writing this response, there is 0 income. Luckily the necessary funds are already in her tank, as well as having funds set aside for plenty of food. Above all else, her needs are taken care of. Simply a bit slower than preferred at times like this.

Also, adding to the record... it was found that she runs against the tank for one of two reasons. Either she's just pooped, or wants cuddle time. She's been living happily on BSFL, wax worms, crickets, and her usual mix of greens since this post was last active.

Her new tank will have two levels connected and mostly decorated by fake rock structures like those that can commonly be found in DIY with two heat sources and one UVB source. It'll have front swinging doors, and a vent near the upper basking spot and opposite lower corner. She may have the tank temporarily before the rock structures go in, simply with tile and the basic things i have. It's made from either maple or birch, I forget, as well as oak. Everything has three layers of water based polycrylic sealant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom