Hyper Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmdonut

Hi!

So lately I've noticed a bit of a behavior change in my beardie. He's always been pretty active, especially since he's still pretty young at only 1.5 years old. But lately, he's just been out of control! He won't stay still at all. He's constantly rip running through the house. Trying to jump/climb on things. He keeps trying to jump onto my nightstand (thereby knocking everything off) or climb up my trash can (thereby knocking over and spilling everything out :roll: ). Or he just wallclimbs the actual walls. It's wierd and honestly really annoying! I had to close him in bathroom for 5 minutes Saturday just to get some peace :lol:

He doesn't seem ill, distressed, or injured. He settles down every night around 7pm which is normal and sleeps just fine. He was lost for 3 days a week ago, but he just spent it sleeping so I don't think it's a newfound freedom thing. I did have a girl dragon in the house, but he never saw her. Could that be it? I've been thinking about trying to find a cheap cat tree to give him somewhere to climb and perch, hopefully work off some of that energy!

mmmdonut

Original Poster
I was talkin about this just now with a co-worker, and that's what they suggested too. Makes so much sense now! Gosh, I hope it passes soon though, he's driving me nuts. :banghead:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a male beardie but hes not doing any of this stuff every one else is talking about-- but hes never been around other dragons either -- so guess I am lucky in that sense
Karrie

My Beardie turned 2 this month and is acting the exact same way. He is the only lizard in the house with no access to a female whatsoever. He has still been a crazy boy. Head bobbing at everything and jumping/climbing everywhere. He did brumate for about 2 months, he came out of it about 2 weeks ago and this craziness started 3 days ago. Gotta love "teenage" hormones! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom