New way of basking??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have had my beardie queso for about 3 months now, didn’t get an exact age when we got him so i’m not sure how old. Usually when he would be basking he’d have his head up and look less drained/sort of upset looking lol. Is there anything wrong with this behavior? He tends to stay up there most of the day and come down and eat greens do a bit of tank dancing and get in his water bowl. Just not used to him resting his head on his log. He sometimes shuts his eyes and seems to nap. I’ll try to insert a picture, he just looks less happy to me /: should I be concerned or is this just how he likes to bask now?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Is he getting any insects at all?
You can upload pics here www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads then use the XIMG tab in the header above the reply box, choose the pic and BINGO!!!
Be sure to post images of his entire setup along with pics of him, this will help greatly.

chloewoolsey12

Original Poster
chloewoolsey12":21dzvmnu said:
102561-1438018768.jpg
Gormagon":21dzvmnu said:
Is he getting any insects at all?
You can upload pics here http://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads then use the XIMG tab in the header above the reply box, choose the pic and BINGO!!!
Be sure to post images of his entire setup along with pics of him, this will help greatly.
his thermometer says a low temp cause i had him out for awhile and this is right after putting him back in! He ate about 15 crickets today, but not near as many as he usually does. He’s a pretty frequent shedder most the times 2 a month so i’m thinking maybe one is coming on??? I got him out and gave him some love and he had tons of energy was very sweet then gave him a warm bath and he’s seeming to be more himself

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Additionally, those thermometers are wildly inaccurate. Nothing is more important than proper basking temperatures for dragons. You need to get either a digital thermometer with probe end, or an infrared thermometer.

The fact that he stays up there most of the day might indicate that it's not hot enough for him. Either way we won't know until you know. And you won't know until you get one of the thermometers i suggested.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom