DELETE

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum --- did you get your beardie from a pet store? First off he should not be fed meal worms at all at this age--- please look at feeding him the crickets or dubia roaches as a staple- and yes its probably relocation stress--- can you post pics of his tank and lighting -- the reptile store should know better about feeding babies meal worms--- go to top of page click on User Image Uploader -- down load pics - click on reply - at top of message box click on XIMG and pics will post -- it will give us a better idea of how to help you as well -- he should have his bugs dusted w/ the exception of the black fly larvae- they are high in calcium -- he should also be getting vitamins 2 x per week as well -- please post pics of your little guy and his tank -- thank you
Karrie

Whyitsdonut

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3pf5fj4m said:
Welcome to the forum --- did you get your beardie from a pet store? First off he should not be fed meal worms at all at this age--- please look at feeding him the crickets or dubia roaches as a staple- and yes its probably relocation stress--- can you post pics of his tank and lighting -- the reptile store should know better about feeding babies meal worms--- go to top of page click on User Image Uploader -- down load pics - click on reply - at top of message box click on XIMG and pics will post -- it will give us a better idea of how to help you as well -- he should have his bugs dusted w/ the exception of the black fly larvae- they are high in calcium -- he should also be getting vitamins 2 x per week as well -- please post pics of your little guy and his tank -- thank you
Karrie

He came from a reptile specialty store. They are just like a general reptile store. I know they aren't supposed to have meal worms I wanted to see if he had no appetite or if he just didn't like crickets. When I gave him the one meal worm he loved it. He has had a healthy poop both Tuesday and today as well so I know there is no impaction either. I will post pictures here in a few minutes.

Whyitsdonut

Original Poster
103625-3737398936.jpg
KarrieRee":3f1yk018 said:
Karrie
103625-4051539046.jpg
103625-9480017018.jpg

This is him, the setup, and lights. I have a 75w basking bulb, an arcadia t5 12% uvb bulb and a CHE for night time. I tried to keep his tank relatively simple for now. He was on aspen chips at the store but I'm using non adhesive shelf liner. My temp gradients are fine (about 105 to 110 on the basking spot and an ambient temp of about 75 on the cool side).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It sounds wonderful--- so glad you got him a set up that he will thrive in :blob5: and yes he will be stressed out for a while -- just make sure you do a lot of hand time in the tank and he will get used to you -- handle him everyday too -- if you have anymore questions please ask -
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds exactly like relocation stress. Them eating at all during this time is a good sign. Remember it can last anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks.

Personally, I do not handle at all if I can avoid it for the first week. There is enough stress with a big move like that, and handling does not provide comfort to a dragon who doesn't even know you yet.
We just stare into the tank and hang out in the same room so that they get to know us as something that isn't a threat.

-Brandon

Whyitsdonut

Original Poster
claudiusx":43cu4mmq said:
Sounds exactly like relocation stress. Them eating at all during this time is a good sign. Remember it can last anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks.

Personally, I do not handle at all if I can avoid it for the first week. There is enough stress with a big move like that, and handling does not provide comfort to a dragon who doesn't even know you yet.
We just stare into the tank and hang out in the same room so that they get to know us as something that isn't a threat.

-Brandon

Awesome, so him eating this little is relatively normal then? I'm thinking once I get those black soldier fly larvae in he will likely go nuts for them, anything worm shaped he loves haha. He also had a bath today and did really well! I'm going to go hands off for a few days as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom