My girls keep fighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently wanted to buy a beardie, and I managed to find two three year old girls that were to be bought together since they had grown up with eachother about a month ago. I haven’t had any problems up until a few days ago where one(Smaug) keeps getting aggressive towards my other(Drogon). Usually separating them for a little bit helps calm Smaug down but she still does it often, and I’m at school most of the day so I’m not able to know if they are fighting with one another then. I haven’t changed anything about their environment and I don’t want Drogon getting potentially injured, and I can’t find any help with what to do

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. The only way they will stop fighting is to get another enclosure and keep them in their own enclosure. They will both be way happier too.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
You have no option but to separate them and keep them apart, if you don't you are very likely to come home and find one dead or with a horribly mauled leg.

The attacker needs to go into another tank IMMEDIATELY.

DrogonXSmaug

Original Poster
I have a divider for the two of them now and I put it in when I am at school or just not home with their heat lamp in the middle of the cage so they can still bask in their seperate sides, and I will give them turns to run around the full tank so they aren’t so cramped which is an issue. They’re in a 40 gallon(breeder I believe)(36x18x18) which is definitely too small to split for two adults, so I was wondering if it would be cheaper to get an 80 or 120 gallon, or even make my own tank and then put a divider there so I could share the uvb rod and just get another heat lamp, or to buy another 40 gallon. Any suggestions?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
DrogonXSmaug":3qid9d93 said:
I have a divider for the two of them now and I put it in when I am at school or just not home with their heat lamp in the middle of the cage so they can still bask in their seperate sides, and I will give them turns to run around the full tank so they aren’t so cramped which is an issue. They’re in a 40 gallon(breeder I believe)(36x18x18) which is definitely too small to split for two adults, so I was wondering if it would be cheaper to get an 80 or 120 gallon, or even make my own tank and then put a divider there so I could share the uvb rod and just get another heat lamp, or to buy another 40 gallon. Any suggestions?
36x18x18 is too small for ONE adult central bearded dragon. Better off with a tank with a floor area of 48x24 FOR EACH adult dragon.
I'd be setting tanks in two tank high stacked arrangement so they don't have to look at other all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom