Beardie isn’t active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
My beardie just turned two this month, the last couple days she hasn’t been active at all. She just stays wherever she’s put in her tank if I’m done and just lays around if she’s out of it. She is still eating and pooping completely normal, just isn’t being active at all.

She is in a 40 gal tank till after we move this week, 150w basking bulb. Her basking area is at 90. She has a uvb light on top of her tank as well.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
This could be what is called "Partial Bermation", I have seen this first hand.
How long are the daylight hours for your dragon?

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":1by4t3q9 said:
This could be what is called "Partial Bermation", I have seen this first hand.
How long are the daylight hours for your dragon?

I turn her lights on at 11 and off at 10 usually

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That's only 11 hours, it needs to be boosted to 13 or 14 hours. His days are longer than his nights.
I have mine set for 6am to 8pm on a timer, works well. Will most likely boost activity levels.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":1ohgkiad said:
That's only 11 hours, it needs to be boosted to 13 or 14 hours. His days are longer than his nights.
I have mine set for 6am to 8pm on a timer, works well. Will most likely boost activity levels.

Ok! I’ll change that starting tomorrow. I wasn’t aware it needed to be 13 to 14 hours. Thank you!

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Also, if you mean by turning 2, 2 years instead of 2 months, you'll definitely want to get her a larger enclosure. I have my 6 mo. old in a 50 gal. tank, which was my 1.5 y.o's until not long ago when I upgraded him to a custom 4' x 4' with a tall ceiling. They need space to move around & climb, the lack of which might contribute to sedentary behavior (not unlike me in my tiny office cube :) ). My dragons are 13" and 19" respectively.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aaradimian":2yuq4mjs said:
Also, if you mean by turning 2, 2 years instead of 2 months, you'll definitely want to get her a larger enclosure. I have my 6 mo. old in a 50 gal. tank, which was my 1.5 y.o's until not long ago when I upgraded him to a custom 4' x 4' with a tall ceiling. They need space to move around & climb, the lack of which might contribute to sedentary behavior (not unlike me in my tiny office cube :) ). My dragons are 13" and 19" respectively.

Yea I know, we’re moving this week and after that we’re ordering her a way bigger tank. I let her out to roam around a lot because of that. I rescued her a few month ago and didn’t want to change everything till we were settled in our new place. I’m gonna order her a 70 gal! :)

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I rescued her a few month ago and didn’t want to change everything till we were settled in our new place. I’m gonna order her a 70 gal! :)

Yay new tank and YAY rescue dragon!!! Our little one is a 2nd gen rescue. Got rescued by the original folks & rehabbed, then we're his "forever home" :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom