Shoulder Surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Awhile back, my beardy baby took a dive off my shoulder when she got spooked. I generally don't let her free roam there but that night I wasn't holding for some reason. She's perfectly alright but has since had her shoulder time revoked. But... she gets huffy with me when I don't let her. She'll try to escape my grasp or simply crawl up to my shoulder if for example, she's on my stomach while I'm sitting/laying down. Other than making sure she's supported at all times, any suggestions? Want her to be happy, and she gets huffy with me without shoulder time, but also need to keep her safety in mind :(

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Unless I'm lying down, I always keep one hand on my guys to keep this from happening. Beardies are not known for using best judgement concerning leaps from heights! I got them used to my upper chest vs shoulder by basically putting them where I wanted them & gently holding them there until they got drowsy or squirmed, in which case I just let them run around on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom