Hides in cave after eating..

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanton589

My 2+ month old Sparta seems to keep hiding in his cave after he eats... We feed him in the tank by removing all items while he eats and then add them back after hes cleared all crickets. (typically 10 min. tops!) he will climb onto his cave for about 5 minutes and then runs directly inside and hides... Obviously he cant get uvb or bask inside the cave.. So for 1 hour after he eats (or until he poops, sometimes only takes 15-20 min.) I keep his cave out of the tank to ensure he gets the basking/uvb time... Then I put his cave back in and he goes right inside it. We have replaced the uvb bulb/fixture and have a t5 5.0 reptisun hood and bulb coming in on Monday 2/4. (Plan to mount this inside the tank due to his decor all sitting very low from the top) Anyway, why is he hiding? Are we right to feed him in his tank and remove everything? Or should we get a tote to feed him in and not mess with his tank? Any advice is welcome. Thanks!! :)

SPandS

Juvie Member
He's still young and new to his new surrounding, maybe removing everything to feed him is causing stress and he feels safe under his hide. I personally feed my dragons in their enclosures but don't remove anything. Try feeding him without removing anything and see how he reacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom