New Tank, More Scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My chroma is 3-4 months old and 9-10 inches long, he has a 4x2x2 foot tank. His hot side is 105°f or it goes down to 95°f, his cool side is 80°f or it goes down to 70°f. For the past two days he hasnt been able to poop so today i gave him a bath and he finally pooped. So i know that can not be his issue, he never hides but lately after putting him in his new tank he is always hiding. We did transition him into his new tank in the middle of him shedding his tail and feet. He hasnt shed his back yet so im wondering if that has to do anything with it? Im just worried in general that this new tank might be to much for him....... i dont want to upset him in anyway, and this is not normal of him. He is usually super active and will run around like a king all through out the beardie room (aka my bedroom). Any advice would be appreciated please.....
Oh he is also eating like normally we did start giving him butter worms, because im still waiting on our dubia tank to come in and the reptile store only had small pheonix worms.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You have taken him from his comfortable safe world and, placed him in a world of unknowns. It will take him a while (weeks possibly) to adjust (realize it is safe) and, danger doesn't lurk in all the corners. It is just relocation stress.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Relocation stress most likely , ride it out :) it’s better for him to have that space so in the long run it’s a good thing
Relocation stress can occur from decor changes even

Hammie2496

Original Poster
Thank you both and yes we did add a lot more decor in his new tank, including living plants ( that are okay for beardies) and his waterfall feature...... i told my husband he didnt need that but what ever..... so okay i will keep riding it out because i just want him to feel safe and okay. Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its possible the waterfall feature will cause too much humidity- I hope you have a humidity thingee in the tank --- I dont know what they are called- remember these are desert creatures --

Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
KarrieRee":17wjkbpa said:
Its possible the waterfall feature will cause too much humidity- I hope you have a humidity thingee in the tank --- I dont know what they are called- remember these are desert creatures --

Karrie
Yes, waterfall features can create mold and, mildew which can cause RI's in dragons. This is a big no no.

Hydrometer= humidity thingee, I like the analogy, LOL!!!

Hammie2496

Original Poster
Yes an exscuse to rip that ugly thing out!!! Thank you!!! ??
I knew it would be an issue and the tank looks so much better without it.
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom