Appetite Decreased

Status
Not open for further replies.
103045-1700707577.jpg
Hi there, I have a three year old bearded dragon named Helios, it is an oddly cold winter here in Virginia and I'm wonder if that may have an impact on his hunger. He has free choice dried insects and Veggies as well as live bugs 2-3 times a week he now snubs his nose at roaches and meal works and seems disinterested in superworms. (Helios often goes through phases where he prefers on bug over the other so I often rotate what he gets until I find what he wants that week. He is also going through a phase where he doesn't want any veggies I offer. He is not impacted and is bright eyed and as bushy tailed as a bearded dragon can get. He is active and consistently asks for attention and chances to run aroundy room. The house temp is in the range of 65-69 degrees Fahrenheit and his tank has a dark dig box which sticks around 75
103045-2964410549.jpg
A warmer area in the range of 85-90 where his water is, and a hot spot of 105-110. Helios does not eat his bedding and his food never touches it so I doubt he has an impaction . I just don't know if this is normal to go through appetite loss or not.
103045-4626455451.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it is the time of year when many dragons brumate so this may be what's going on. And as far as sand or sand/soil, I've used both in some of my tanks for almost 25 years, never had a single problem.

Just wondering though, do you have a coil/compact uvb ? If it's a strong one it can give off decent uvb but only in a small area. That can cause lack of appetite if he doesn't get enough uvb. And then it may be just a phase many adult dragons go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom