Behavior Following Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jy1471

Good Morning,

i hope you can help me, my beardie is just over 1 years old and has been brumating since around late october time, over the last few days he has come out of the brumation it appears and seems to be hyper and scratching at the glass alot and beard turning black. once i get him out he appears to be calm, im not sure if he is any discomfort or is just wanting attention. He has pood every day since the begining of the week as he used to before brumation and the poo seems normal a little sloppy but nothing too bad. Yesterday he seemed to crawl back into his cave and slept all day before waking for a little bit of greens then went to sleep for the night. this morning again hes up and full of energy and wanting to come out and run around. is this normal after brumation as this is the first time i and my beardie have experienced this. His Set up runs a 100W basking bulb with the basking spot around 36 degrees C and the cool spot around 24 degrees C. He has 2 fluorescent tubes Arcadia 10.0 uvb at the front and an Arcadie 5.0uvb at the back. thank you in advance.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep this is normal. My guy is doing it too (and did last year). How long it lasts may vary but it's usually a month or two with Darwin and then he settles back down. Look for decreased appetite during this time too but the appetite will return eventually as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom