I think my kids scare my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwreck

I’m not quite sure how old my breads is when I got him or her it was a lil over 4”. It is now close to 10”. It’s name is is toothless. I got toothless about 3 or 4 months ago. When I first got toothless it was pretty mellow. That lasted about a month ever since he won’t just hangout in my hand or on my lap. I have 2 boys. A 3 year old and a 5 year old. Those of you who have kids know boys at this age are little maniacs but they love they’re dragon. I take him out everyday and with me he is kinda mellow but when the boys are around he does everything he can to get away. I thought the more he was around the boys he would get used to it. Doesn’t really seems to be working but maybe I haven’t given it enough time... idk are the boys traumatizing him? Or is letting the boys ply with good for him getting used to us? Would appreciate some advice. Thanks guys

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yes , noisey boisterous children will scare a lizard who is not accustomed to their behaviours.

I'd move the dragon's tank to a quieter room , restrict interaction with the dragon to only when mom or dad are holding the dragon .

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
I have 4 kids from 5-14 and they can of course be rowdy. At the beginning Marlow wasn’t sure what to make if it but now he loves the attention of the kids showing him their Batman figures or watching ( from his viv ) watching them play LEGO next to his viv.
If they get too rowdy we remind them it can be scary for Marlow and they will 9 times out of 10 calm it down.
He loves coming out with the kids around but we limit it when the kids are up to 10min blocks and pick times when the kids are calm to do so. If Marlow let’s us know he wants back in his viv then we always let him.
Marlows viv is in the lounge , the kids are homeschooled so Marlow has company all the time.
But like people all dragons are different. If yours doesn’t seem to tolerate the noise well a quieter place of the house may be the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom