Odd behavior? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollyMoo98

So my beardie for the past 4-5 days has been running around like crazy, bobbing her head against the glass, doing this weird back and forth head bob thing?, scratching the glass and jumping at the glass from her log.
Shis still eating though not as much and she is pooping WAY more than normal about 2-3 times a day.
Her tank is 97-105 degree's on the hot side and around 80 on the cool side.
Sh has a Reptisun basking light that is a 100 watts and a Reptisun t10 10.0 tube UVB light.
Her tank is 55 gallons which I know is too small and we are working on getting a 90 gallon.
She is fed Collard greens, Dandelion greens, Escarole, Green bean and Butternut squash as well as crickets as a staple.
She does not have a black beard or stress marks.
She is a rescue from my sister where she was severely malnourished and wasn't given proper lighting for 5 yrs and has recently in the past yr gotten healthy.
She is six yrs old so, I don't think it is puberty but with her unhealthy previous environment could it be? Maybe her development was stunted?
Her poop is no longer runny and is the right consistency and she is not dehydrated
She is s peeling but this is not her usual peeling behaviour.
She has not been through brumation or an idle period.
Does anyone have any idea what's up with her? It's worrying me a lot and I'm afraid she may hurt himself. I have been taking her out a lot hoping to let her burn energy but it doesn't work.

P.s I have no other beardies
Below are pictures of his set up and her
99094-8700950108.jpg
99094-8737952308.jpg

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
I"m sorry your girl has odd behavior. You say that's 55 gallons, but what are the dimensions. I had a 55 gallon for my beardie and although it was 55 tall rather than wide, yours doesn't look as big as what I had. It could possibly be that the tank is too small for her so she's acting out. My girl does the same behavior sometimes too, and the vet said it's nothing to worry about, that it's most likely hormones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom