New baby; always trying to run away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targ

Hi all! I have an older beardie around 6, and recently I got another baby to add to my family. She's doing great and settling in wonderfully, however I have a question about handling. I would like her to hang out with me, and I put her on my shoulder often. She always tries to find a way off, to escape. If there is anything near by, she will jump away! She will even completely suicide from high up!

Is this normal as she grows to know me? I have seen lots of people with their beardies on the shoulder just chilling. I handle her regularly, talk to her often, etc. But she doesnt want to hang out with me! Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you all!

Hello! I'm also kinda new to Beardie keeping, but I'll try to help.

Is she young? Younger beadies are often more skittish from what I've seen. Also if she hasn't been handled often before, she might be nervous to just be put on your shoulder. Maybe start by hand feeding her blueberries in her enclosure, allow her time to really get used to you, or just start by chilling on the couch or on the grounds where she can explore with you and little chances of a leap of faith?

Good luck with your new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom