Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Hi, my beardie looks like he's starting to brumate.
Chien is 8months (can't change my signature for some reason) and is starting to sleep more during the day. I gave him his food and he only ate 5 crickets, basked for about two hours, and then went to his pillow to sleep on it. He's very slow moving currently and has been resting in his viv for a while.

I've done a fecal and blood test on him, nothing is wrong. Could this be him starting to brumate since it getting quite cold here in the U.S? Or is something wrong?

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Quite possible. Mine's been on path of eating less, sleeping more. He's gone from a healthy appetite and 12-14 hrs of waking time to almost no appetite or activity. His weight is good and he was checked for parasites during his last vet visit 2 months ago, so we don't think it's anything sinister. If I get home tonight & don't see that the hand towel I put in front of his hide has moved, I'm going to consider him to be officially brumating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom